Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Trains, trains, and more trains

Any time I sit down at the computer Jude comes running into the room yelling "TRAINS." This means he wants me to Google train pictures. We sit here looking at countless pictures of trains until I tell him we are all done and then he throws a fit.

As a birthday gift, Jay's been making Jude a train table for all of his Thomas stuff. It's almost done and it looks terrific. He added wheels to the legs and made it so that the legs fold up and we can lock them in the folded position and stow the table under a bed. He also added four drawers - two on each long side.

If we were to have purchased the Thomas and Friends table, it would have cost over $300. To make the one he made it didn't even cost $100. And the alterations he made make the table so much better than anything we could have bought.

Now that the table is pretty much done, I need to figure out how I'm going to paint it. Earlier today I thought I had it figured out, but now that I'm home with the paint, I think I need to go back to Home Depot to exchange a couple of the colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home