Friday, September 03, 2004

Come On Guys, Beat Your Wives!

In his sermon broadcast on Qatar TV, a Muslim cleric claims some wives, due to their nature, must be beaten. . .

The speaker claims the non-Muslim world is ignorant of the truth about wife beating. . .

The cleric then defends the practice but qualifies his approval, saying Islam forbids beating anyone, even animals, on the face. . .

Women naturally want to be controlled by men, the cleric declared, "Allah has created woman, whether Muslim or infidel, so she is happy under a strong man who will protect her and lives with her.


You know, last time I checked, protecting your wife didn't mean controlling and beating her. Yes, I like knowing jaymen is here to take care of me. I have no problem with him being the head of the house, the breadwinner. The reason I have no problem with this is because I know he values me completely. He always takes my opinion into consideration when we make a decision that affects the family as a whole. Heck, he even asks my opinion on things that often seem inconsequential like what finger to pick his nose with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home