Monday, December 05, 2005

We're still here

I've been getting lots of emails asking for details of the birth, so I thought I'd just add it here without getting too graphic.

As most everyone knows, I my due date was December 15th, but we were set to induce labor on November 30th because of my gestational diabetes. I ended up going into labor on my own on November 21st. My mom drove me to the hospital that afternoon and Jay met us there.

At my appointment that morning, I was already at 5 cm and when I made it to the hospital a few hours later, I was 1 cm further along. I also found out that I had been having approximately three contractions every five minutes and didn't realize it. I felt maybe one every 30 minutes or so.

I made it to 10 cm and pushed a grand total of four times. Holly said my breathing was pushing him out, that's how easy it was. Even though he was a HUGE baby at 8 pounds and 7 ounces, I didn't tear.

Last week we had to readmit him to the hospital. He ended up with jaundice that required light treatment for a couple days. He's home now, but I still think he's too yellow. I would have liked for him to be there another day, but I'm not the expert, huh?

Gabriel is now two weeks old. He is so quiet. We often forget he's around. Any time I go somewhere, I repeatedly check to make sure I loaded both the guys in the car. I'm paranoid that I'm going to leave one of them behind.

He'll be getting baptized this coming Sunday.

Jude hasn't threatened to throw him away and he hasn't asked to put him back in my tummy, so I guess that's good news.

Initially I was going to make a separate blog for Gabriel (and I actually did) but then I decided most of the pictures will have both he and Jude in them and I really don't feel like updating yet another blog, so I decided to combine both his and Jude's. I added a couple pictures there, so go check out Pictures of Angels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home