Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Grumble grumble grumble

I have been singing Old McDonald had a Farm for the past 15 minutes. Jude is driving me crazy. I woke up with a headache. It seems like I've had a headache since I got pregnant. At least they aren't migraines.

I'm finally starting to show a little bit. I still fit into my jeans and t-shirts, but my shorts have been too tight for about two months now. I have ugly shorts that I wear around the house, but I certainly wouldn't go out into public in them. I bought a couple pairs of exercise shorts so that I can wear them at Curves, but they are some more that aren't for running errands. It's getting so hot, but any time I have to go anywhere, I wear my jeans since my maternity shorts are still huge. I could wear them, but I'd have to wear my maternity shirts (because of the big elastic tummy area) and they are just ridiculously huge.

This weekend I am planning to take Jude to Jay's mom's house for a sleepover so that Jay can have some alone time. We do this periodically so that we don't end up killing each other. I am dying for a weekend alone as well (hint, hint), but Jay rarely gets them so I don't mind doing this for him.

Maybe two-three weeks ago, I finally got the energy to get back into working out after being on bed rest. I worked out once. Either that first day back at Curves or the following day, I was at my mom's house helping her put a large cabinet together for her sewing room. The cabinet somehow managed to fall on my right foot. It scraped it up pretty badly but it didn't break it. I was unable to wear shoes comfortably for a week, and for about a week after that, I wore shoes and had a bad limp because it hurt so badly. I guess it was the end of last week when I could finally wear shoes comfortably again.

I don't know what the deal is today, but I don't have energy for anything. I'm wondering if I don't have energy because I ran around all day yesterday. This pregnancy thing is driving me crazy. Either I just don't remember what being pregnant was like, or this one is completely different. I don't remember being excessively tired in the first or second trimesters. I remember being very uncomfortable in the third. It seems like I've done nothing but complain this time around. It's too hot. I'm too tired. I have a headache. I can't keep my thoughts straight. I can't sleep and when I can, I sleep horribly.

I bought a new pillow. I got one of those memory foam contour pillows. You can't machine wash or dry it and it smells horribly. The manufacturer recommends letting it air dry for a couple days before using it. It's been four days now, and it still smells bad.

We also bought a new toaster because our old one began crackling when I would use it. We bought a four-slice toaster and the second time I used it, it popped and sizzled. I HATE returning purchases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home