Monday, July 11, 2005

Entering the fifth month

I had my monthly visit with Holly. Everything is looking pretty good. My diet seems to be working to help me lose weight. I weigh ten pounds less than when I first became pregnant and according to my measurements taken at Curves, I'm not sure how many, but I've lost quite a few inches.

It looks like we're having another boy, but we aren't certain. I have a sonogram scheduled in three weeks then my next monthly appointment the following week.

Here's a quote from American Baby:
Another milestone comes halfway through this month. It's known as quickening, and it's the first time you feel your baby move. The fetus has been moving for a few weeks, but now that its bones are harder and its muscles and limbs are stronger, the movements become noticeable. . .

The number of nerve cells in your baby's brain increases rapidly this month, especially in the front of the brain, where thinking takes place. The baby's senses, too, are beginning to awaken, and it may be able to hear sounds, such as the flow of blood, the beating of your heart, and the rumblings of your stomach. . .

At the end of this month, your baby is about 7 inches long and weighs 10 to 12 ounces.
month5.JPG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home