Friday, April 22, 2005

In need of prayers

I did a blood glucose test and found out I have gestational diabetes again. This came as no surprise. The evening before I was due to take the test, I experienced some spotting. I had light cramping all day, but figured it was no biggie. I was pretty freaked out once the bleeding started, but I remembered reading somewhere that it was not urgent unless there was significant bleeding. Just in case, I called the on-call doctor. He said pretty much what I was thinking.

The next day, I mentioned to the nurse what was going on and she recommended bed rest and that I drink more water. My cousin/OB called to check on me later in the day then again that night. She figured I probably wouldn't be able to get any sleep, and recommended I head to her office for a sonogram. I did and we were able to see the little heart beating, so I was quite relieved.

I am still experiencing light spotting and cramping, but not nearly like I was. I'm still pretty nervous and spending most of my days on the couch. I really don't want to lose this baby.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There Julie M. how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on pray to god and I came across yours. while In need of prayers wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for pray to god stuff. Thanks for the read!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home