Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Sheesh

I finally finished my scarf! How long has it been? How many times did I have to pull it all out and start over again? I couldn't even guess. I must say, it looks pretty darn good, but I'll never use that type of yarn again.

I used one of Lion Brand's Homespun yarns. It is called Romanesque 343. Looking at the top strand in the picture, you may be able to see the straight string that runs through it. That string stays taut while knitting and the softer stuff just bunches up making it impossible to knit. I had to keep pushing the bunched up stuff out of my way.


A couple nights ago, Jay and I had to head to the craft store, so I bought some more yarn. This one is colorful. Boy, is it colorful. It's another from Lion Brand. This one is their Jiffy Thick & Quick Rocky Mountain 208.


I started knitting another scarf with it once I finished off the first one. I've always wanted a bright and colorful scarf. I have a black coat that it will look terrific with. Well, I've got maybe a foot or so knitted, but I may have changed my mind about making a scarf out of it. This stuff is so darned thick. The needles I'm using are quite a bit smaller than they recommend. I don't feel like going to the store to get the recommened size. I have a feeling though, that even if I were using the correct needle size, this stuff would still be really thick. I'm thinking of using it to knit this purse:


Lion Brand has some Glitterspun yarn that looks yummy! Maybe I'll get their Ruby 113 for a scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home