Tuesday, October 26, 2004

What Would You Do. . .

. . . if you wanted to know about your kids, but they weren't answering your questions? Would you leave it at that, or would you go through their personal belongings?

While growing up, I know of one time that my mom went through my things. Maybe she did it more than that, but I have no knowledge of it. The only reason I know about that one instance is because she confronted me about what she found. It was just a letter I had written to a friend, but it contained foul language and a discussion about my then boyfriend. At the time, I was incredibly angry with her. I thought she invaded my privacy, but I was also ashamed for what I had written and that I had disappointed my mom.

I have a kid now. Granted, he only two, but I can say with no hesitation that if I were concerned about him I would go through his room. I'm not an idiot. I know what kids are doing these days. Even the "good kids" do bad things. I was one of those good kids and I did things I would never want my kids to do.

I bring this up because it was one of the issues on Judging Amy tonight. Also, I watched the tape of Joan of Arcadia. I am so glad they got rid of Joan's dark hair and bangs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home