Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Get This

So I'm at Curves earlier. At the end of the workout, there's a bunch of us in the stretching room. One woman says she doesn't do the stretches on the floor. When asked why not, she explained that everyone else stretches and gets sweat and hair in the carpet, blah, blah, blah. I'm thinking, "yeah, but you'll work out on the same machines everyone is sweating on. And aren't you going to go home and shower anyway?"

She goes on to say that she is a hairdresser and washes her hand between clients, blah, blah, blah. When she goes to the bathroom she makes sure to use a paper towel to open the door. I said something to this effect, "yeah, I usually do too and to turn off the faucet." She said she doesn't do that. So the faucet that she just turned on with her dirty hand isn't as dirty as the door?

She also mentioned holding hands in church bothers her. She said, "I was a Catholic." Then she put up her hand really fast and said loudly, "but I'm not any more," as if it were a terrible thing that she needed to hurry and clear up. She said she never liked to share the same chalice with others. I explained to her that a person only needs to receive our Lord in one species. She waved me off and went on to complain about how all they (extraordinary ministers) do is wipe it off and turn it around over and over.

After all this was done, she tried to get me to buy Avon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home