Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Tell Me What You Think

The names of 16 men convicted of soliciting prostitution have gone up in big, bold letters on billboards in central Omaha.

I can understand their concern, however I have problems with this statement:

It devastates neighborhoods as well as families, she said. And it couldn't exist without the johns, Quinley said.

Of course it devastates families, but please explain the neighborhood part to me. Yes, if a prostiture is soliciting in my neighborhood I would have problems with it, but is that what's happening in this case? I could very well be wrong, but it seems unlikely.
"We perceive them as sexual predators oozing through our neighborhoods," Quinley said.
I don't think of men who go to prostitutes as "sexual preditors" I tend to reserve that title for rapists and child molestors.

Maybe this is one of those times when I need to be there to really understand it, but these actions seem a bit extreme to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home