Tuesday, August 10, 2004

It's a Sad World

The boy's verbal and physical rampage over the next several minutes landed him in handcuffs on his way to the Wayne County Juvenile Detention Facility on charges of domestic violence and assault and battery of his mother. . .

The boy's mother said her son has oppositional/defiant disorder and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, emotional problems stemming from the 1999 shooting death of his father.


I know a lot of kids are over-medicated these days, but I wonder if he is being treated for his emotional problems pharmacologically or otherwise. I can understand the use of drugs to help if there is some sort of chemical imbalance in a child's brain, but you have to wonder what parents did in situations like this in the past. Why is it we seem to hear more about problems of this sort now? Was I just not paying attention when I was growing up? Maybe the media just covers it more, but it seems to me that there are more problems with kids now than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home