Monday, October 03, 2005

Baby update and a bit more

Ten weeks and three days to go!!! It is going so quickly now. We are still so far from having the office cleared out to make room for Gabriel. Physically, I am much more comfortable now. Well, as long as I don't leave our air-conditioned home. I have very few headaches or pains of any kind. Don't get me wrong, I still find things to complain about.

I had an appointment with Holly today. She said things are looking good. My tummy is measuring two weeks ahead of schedule, but she says that's fine. She is very pleased with my blood glucose readings and I gained a whole 3/4 of a pound! We're both pleased with that. Again, Jude insisted she check out his baby. His baby looks good, too.

He told me today, while peering into my belly button, that he could see Gabe-ih-doll's (Gabriel's) yeg (leg). He was happy that he could finally see the baby in there. He's been looking for a few weeks now and has been very disappointed that Gabriel has yet to make an appearance.

American Baby says:
By this week, your baby's senses are developed to the point where she can taste, touch, see, and hear what's going on around her. She'll also react to stimuli--for instance, if you poke your belly, she may kick or hit back at the spot you've touched. It's exciting to interact with your baby even before she's born. Try rubbing your belly and talking gently to her when she kicks--you may find that you're already able to calm her down.
It's so neat when Jay talks to Gabriel and Gabriel starts moving right around where Jay has his mouth. I can't wait to meet this little guy. It's weird. I like being pregnant and even though I was so happy to have Jude, I was sad when I had Jude because I was no longer pregnant. I know, I'm a weirdo, but I bet I'm not the only one like that.

Jay and I have started up a supper club. There are friends that we've had for a while, but we just don't keep in touch. We thought this would be a great way to keep up with each other. In addition to Jay and myself, there are about five other couples we'll meet with once a month to eat and talk with. Starting next month, we'll meet at another couple's home. The hosting couple will be responsible for the meat dish and the others will supply the side dishes and drinks. I'll mail out a reminder each month telling everyone what the hosts will make so that their dish coordinates with it. At the meetings we'll draw cards saying who's responsible for what dish such as the veggie dish, dessert, or beverage.

We're thinking of adding a light religious discussion to the event. I say light because one member is not Catholic and another couple isn't too into their faith. I was thinking we could have a couple questions prepared ahead of time and we'll use those to get the discussion going. We don't want to make it a prayer group or anything overly involved. If you have any ideas for this, I would love to hear them.

Something I've been thinking about lately is the way meals are worded here. While growing up in El Paso, we always called the meals breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Here in Louisiana (at least the region we live in) the meals are called breakfast, dinner, and supper. It drives me crazy. Even after being here for nearly ten years, it still confuses me to no end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to all of the major RSS feed directories on the Internet.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home