Friday, May 27, 2005

INXS

Ever since I can remember, I've been a huge fan of INXS. They are the best band to come out of Australia (sorry Jay). They became my favorite band almost as soon as I started listening to music. I had almost every album they released until a guy I dated very briefly "borrowed" them and failed to return them. Jerk.

My heart was broken when I found out that Michael Hutchence was discovered dead. He was found hanged to death near the end of 1997. Rather than believe he committed suicide, I prefer to think he was into some odd bedroom behaviors, auto erotic asphyxiation to be specific. Come to find out, his fiancee had the same belief. Although that in itself is not a pleasing idea, I'd rather believe that than believe he was so unhappy with his life that he would commit suicide.

For about a month now, I've seen advertisements on CBS for a new show premiering in June: Rock Star. There will be a competition between 15 different people vying for the position of lead singer of INXS. I have mixed emotions on this. I am interested to see how this will turn out, but at the same time I am very depressed about it. How can INXS be INXS without Michael Hutchence? I know the guys in the band are extremely talented, especially Kirk Pengilly, but still. I'm thoroughly depressed now.

michaelhutchence2.jpg

5 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

now i'm sad, too.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,
Take a look on our new inxs messageboard!!!

We =Matt marsland (inxs.com) and me marleen (funkster)
will give you a warm welcome, and answer all your inxs questions

www.messageboard.4-all.org

see ya there!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://zntrjaek.com/omkf/ssgs.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vpqmbrsp.com/gcll/qfon.html]Cool site[/url]

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://zntrjaek.com/omkf/ssgs.html | http://ujjtiwvc.com/grnc/gixn.html

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home