Friday, October 29, 2004

Virtual Wife Swap

Inspired by the new addictive television show, our Friday focuses on what someone would find if Wife Swap came to your house!

1. What time do you wake up in the morning? What's your morning routine? Do you work outside the home?
The alarm goes off at 6:30. Jay is up and off to work while I stay in bed hoping Jude sleeps until noon. He never does. I get up and prepare a sippy cup of milk and oatmeal (better known to Jude as "oh-ME-ah"), get him out of bed, change his diaper, and eat. I check email and blogs. The rest of the day is spent entertaining Jude. I take brief breaks here and there for my sanity.

2. Who does the nasty jobs in the home? Do you clean the toilets (and how often) or do you foist it off on someone else? What about the dishes, the cooking, the shopping?
I do most of the cleaning. I do the bathrooms (the toilets get cleaned every 1-2 weeks), laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and most of the shopping. Cooking and cleaning the kitchen is a toss up. Lately, it seems I prepare the meal and Jay cooks while I head to workout.

3. Be honest-- what's the state of your wardrobe? Will the visiting wife recoil in horror at your lack of clothing, look on impassively, or shudder at the copious amounts of cash you blew this season?
My every day clothes are atrocious, but my professional clothes are pretty nice. They are rarely worn, but they are stylish and surprisingly comfortable. My dress shoes leave much to be desired. I am lacking in the eveningwear department, which is fine since we don't go out much these days.

4. How's your self-care? Are you an indolent pleasure seeker, a responsible caretaker of your body, or have you just let it all go?
Improving! Improving! Improving!

5. How's your parenting going? Do your kids walk all over you? Do you treat them like it's boot camp? Do you like it that way? Do they?
He doesn't walk all over me. I choose my battles. He knows he is loved.

6. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? Be honest-- do you like it the way things are or are you silently seething? What's it going to take to make things better?
I would love it if our income increased. It would be better if Jay had a job that paid him appropriately.

Via Scattershot Direct. If you take part in this on your blog, please let M'Lynn know. She's interested in your input!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home