Friday, October 29, 2004

President Ahnold?

Arnold Schwarzenegger says he would like to at least be able to entertain the thought, but the U.S. Constitution prevents foreign-born people from holding America's highest office.

So the Austrian-born governor of California tells Correspondent Morley Safer he favors a constitutional amendment to enable him to run for president.

I don't think this is a good idea. Not even a little bit. Sure, maybe Schwarzenegger is a nice guy, but this would open the door a bit too wide in my opinion. Creating an ammendment that would allow foreign-born politicians to become our president is not safe.

I am so far from being able to express myself appropriately when discussing politics (plus I am exhausted and completely brain dead at the moment), so I'm going to leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home