Sunday, August 01, 2004

Imbeciles at Nelnet

I have my student loans serviced by Nelnet. Being the (mostly) conscientious person that I am, I went onto their web site to change my mailing address and telephone number.

Nope! I looked all over and could not find where to do this. Okay, no problem. I’ll just use their handy dandy Search feature.

Nope! Eight results were returned, but it was nothing but file names, complete with the Date attribute but lacking any description whatsoever.

After about 30 minutes of looking in vain for any hint of what to do, the “Tell Us What You Think” link caught my eye. I clicked on it with a vengeance.

There were maybe 5 questions total on the survey form. However, at the end was an option to add in the questions we thought they should ask but didn’t. So I typed:
How about, "Do you think the process of changing your mailing address is easy to find on our web site?" The correct answer is, "NO, and I have absolutely no clue where this is. In fact, after searching your site for 'change address' I was impressed by the utter undecipherable uselessness of the returned results. There's nothing on your web site that either says 'To change your mailing address click here' or 'We're sorry but you can't change your mailing address online, even though you can do it on virtually every other company with an online presence."

Luckily, Julie stopped me before I could mash down the Submit button. They probably would have added a few “bonus” points to my percentage rate or doubled me up on payments, but I was so ready to give them a piece of my mind that I didn’t care.

In all fairness, I generally get good service from Nelnet. If I call them up with a question or a problem everything is explained or taken care of. I just find it mind-boggling that a company that gives otherwise good service should be so bad in this one regard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you get in touch with an actual person there? I've been calling and keep getting an automated service and nobody to talk to! Please help.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home